Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Sunday, May 24, 2020

[18:36 UTC=4]
[+83*F_sunny_winds:s/s/e@10 mph_humidity:32%..barometer:30.05"\/]..
[Overnight Lo:61+F_some rain showers expected between 04:00 & 07:00]
[Now Playing on MadTrollie:[The Mix]:]....
   After the brief light showers overnight the weather is clear thru Wednesday PM..when rain is expected..my plan now is to go for groceries either Tuesday or Wednesday AM..did sit out briefly this afternoon but it was in the mid-80s and virtually no breeze..and no shade for that matter..because of the cold weather in April and early May..the trees are a bit later in the arrival of their foliage and just the first sprouts are there but the full leaves are yet to arrive so shade is minimal..add to that that this run of warmer weather is the first of this year..the body tends to regulate its'self by the most common extreme..and at the latitude of 43.9748* North..that extreme is cold..years ago in January we had a day when the temperature was -55*F..and there were winds of 50 mph..putting the windchill in-excess of -100*F..frostbite & hypothermia could occur in under a minute..obviously no one ventured out that day..but it's not uncommon in Winter to have days where with windchill the temperature is -40*F or colder..ergo..it takes awhile for us to really get a custom to the heat..don't get me wrong..I enjoy the warmer weather but it just takes a few days for me to adjust..and a little longer now that I'm older....
   There was very little on TV today of any interest to me and even less on tomorrow..I mention last night that tomorrow [May 25} is Memorial Day here in the USA..and my plans are to observe it quietly and in my rooms..I mentioned that my dad and my four uncles all served in WW II so they will be on my mind tomorrow..also have known other vets of other wars so they will be remembered as well..now on the other hand the memories of marching in parades on Memorial Days when in the high school band..in hot weather..in wool West Point style uniforms..those are memories I'd like to forget..and can't..but I do miss my old band-mates..3 of which I have just within the last few years re-connected with thru Facebook....
   If you've read this slag heap I call my blog before..you know the drill..nite all....

No comments:

Post a Comment