Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Sunday, May 10, 2020

[17:47 UTC-4]
[+40*F_rain_overnight:Lo:+38*F_winds:southwest@13 mph_humidity:87%_barometer:29.92"\/]..
[rain overnight continuing thru 17:00 Monday]..[Monday's Hi/Lo:+42*F/+28*F]....
[Now Playing:"Gaudy Night"]....
   With the threat of winds and rain starting in the late afternoon/early evening I originally had no intention of walking today..besides I had a busy day on-line planned and except for a trip to the convenience store which I could do anytime over the next three or four days and don't really need to go food shopping for the better part of the week..but mid afternoon and everything on the to do list well in hand..and the weather hadn't set in yet..or so I thought at the time..I had had quite enough of the fortress of solitude and decided to at least walk up the hill to the ATM..when I got my "10 day walking around money" the other day since I was on my way shopping and didn't want to carry that much only drew out half the usual amount..and go to the convenience store weather permitting..got the cash and headed towards the convenience store..hadn't got very far atall and the wind picked up to the point that it was blowing my cane around and there was a mist in the air..and for once..allowed my better judgement to win out..and as I was passing one of short cuts back to my rooms..took it..and besides the weather Tuesday looks a better option..truth be told I have very good judgement..but all to often after listening to it..I let whim win out....
   With the restrictions due to the CV-19 deal..I've had to curtail my walks..and that has been a hardship..I'm 72 years old..I have problems with both shoulders..so weight lifting as exercise is out..and with my balance issues a tread mill would be a disaster..and I've yet to find a stationary bike with a seat that is not counter indicated for fitting with my tuckus..so my walks are at this point my only viable form of exercise..besides I enjoy the nice weather and the long walks always relax me..
and It's gets boring just walking the halls here although I do as a last resort..in winter..when the weather is the reason for not outdoor walks..but now the weather outdoors is calling..dang....
   Time to end this post and say goodnight....

No comments:

Post a Comment