Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Sunday, August 30, 2020

*[15:29 UTC-4]
*[+68*F..mostly cloudy_winds:northwest:8 mph_humidity:49%_barometer:29.92"/\_Today's Hi/Lo:+69*F/+49*F]*
*[Now Playing on MadTrollie*[Handel]*]*
   I was checking my FB alerts and there was a memory they sometimes post..a cartoon I has posted a few years ago..and it reminded me of a cat I had many years ago..my daughter was still in public school at the time this happened and she'll be 43 this year..Jenny was as an adult a 13 lb. tortoise-shell calico polydactyl cat..with 7 toes on both front feet..and 2 claws on each of her front toes..that wouldn't retract..as a kitten she'd run across the carpet, catch a claw and go butt over tea kettle..so we had her declawed [indoor cat]..a beautiful cat..but the personality didn't match..she was the quintessential grumpy cat..who as the story beginnings needed her rabies shot..and the county was running a clinic..rabies is a real problem up here in the Northcountry of New York State..it took me probably 20 minutes or so to catch her and get her in a per carrier..she yowled all the way to the clinic..all the time we were there..we had to disassemble part of the carrier so the vet could give her the shot..yowled all the way home..put her carrier in our enclosed front porch and opened the door..out she stalks..cussing at me in cat..she made sure I followed her to the bedroom..she jumped up on the bed,,then my wife's dresser..then my hi-boy dresser..I had a pewter dish with change in it on the dresser..that dang cat made sure I was watching and swatted it across the room with the change flying everywhere..and then gave me a look that said "We ain't done yet bub"..that cat was a pistol....
   Except for a quick trip to Aldi for the typical fare..bananas et al..but did forget the bag of onions..dummkopf..except for a couple of chip drops on my live games..and the end of day posting to "Trollie's Game Room" I have everything in order..nothing worth watching on the old boob tube so probably "surf" Youtube &/or take a walk..nite all....

No comments:

Post a Comment