Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Monday, August 17, 2020

*[17:20 UTC-4]
*[+77*F_fair_winds:w/s/w@10_humidity:60%%_barometer:29.93"\/_scattered/isolated T-storms possible intermittently between 17:00 tonight & 03:00 Tuesday]*[Now Playing on MadTrollie*["The Mix"]*]*
   When I logged on this morning the Poker site I've mentioned many times was still down..but when I checked back about an hour later it was backup..so played some..so all is well..and have spent the day as I usually do..online and a little TV..today a couple of episodes of "Rizzoli & Isles" on the Lifetime network....
   Now pre-CV-19 in the late afternoon in nice weather would take a walk almost every day..unless I had walked earlier to do some shopping..and if I had I'd drag my outdoor folding chair out the back door and sit in the shade of a very large oak tree..but since the restrictions on unnecessary travel have restricted my evening walks to just the grounds here at the hotel I call home..now I'm approaching my 73rd birthday in December..and have damaged feet..knees..hips..shoulders..from playing sport in my youth with more enthusiasm then was probably wise.and 35 years on a cement factory floor & too many hours on a four ton forklift and the only exercise that I can really safely do..is walking..so I probably will get an argument from some but I've decided that my evening walk is necessary for my continuing good health..so this afternoon for the first time in a long time..I took my fav walk..out the back down down the hill..thru the plaza parking lot..around the pond,,sometimes a stop there to watch the geese/ducks that swim there..none today..a few years back I saw an egret there and a few times a Blue Heron [there's a Blue Heron rookery just to the south of the city in a wetlands called "Beaver Meadows]..then up the sidewalk along Western Blvd..and sit down in the seating area at the intersection of Arsenal St & Western Blvd..just watching the traffic and enjoying the evening..then east along Arsenal St..sometimes to the lobby for a toffee coffee [not today]..or as I did today down the plaza entry road ..back up the hill to my rooms..and it's my intent to on days I haven't walked for shopping to resume my evening walks.....besides except for peeps in cars the closest person I saw was at least 50 yds. away....
   Just a few more tasks to complete and a snack is calling me right now..ergo..nite all....

No comments:

Post a Comment