Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Sunday, August 2, 2020

[17:35 UTC-4]
[+86*F_partly cloudy_ winds:s/s/w@14_humidity:58%_barometer:29.86"\/_Tonight's Lo:66*F_rain predicted overnight around 01:00 & continuing thru 07:00 Monday]....
[Now Playing on Madtrollie*[Bach]*]....
   Although we did get the predicted rain overnight the thunder storms never made an appearance..but from past personal history I know how fast a nice Summer day can change in a  heart beat..years ago my younger brother and I were playing golf at a local public course where for many years I would buy a seasons membership..we had intended to play 18 holes..and it was warm and humid but a bright sunny day..as we walked down the 7th fairway to the green we noticed a dark cloud in the distance..but decided that we could probably play-in as we only had two more holes to go..[we were walking..no cart..carry-bags]..well we had hit our drives on the 8th as we got to are balls we saw the first bolt of lightning and back counting until we heard the thunder the storm was about 3 miles away..well..took off my golf-shoes..[old school metal spikes..long before the advent of the "soft spikes"]..grabbed our bags and beat feet for the clubhouse..well about halfway there the skies opened up..heavy rain..we had barely got in the club house when the lightening struck a couple of time where we had been..we were lucky..statistically a golf course is one of the worst places to find yourself during a lightening storm..just over 25 years ago we experienced in the Northcountry a Downburst which developed over the east end of Lake Ontario and hit the small city I  live in with little or no warning..and create great havoc..the following link is from an account in a local paper at the time [link]..so from past experience..seeing the forecast for scattered thunder storms I choice not to venture very far from my rooms today..a quick trip up to the lobby to partake of the morning breakfast buffet & just before sitting down to write this post..a brief turn around the lawns..and scared a pair of young woodchucks [aka:groundhogs ]..that were munching on the freshly mowed lawns..so have spent a quiet day in my rooms and online [wasn't squat on the old boob tube]....
   But before I end up writing a novella it's time for me attend to the few things left that still need mt attention before I take my rest..well not my final rest the Good Lord willing..but..ergo..nite all....

No comments:

Post a Comment