Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Friday, August 21, 2020

*[17:31 UTC-4]*
*[+75*F_rain/T-storm thru 18:00_winds:west@8_humidity:75%_barometer:29.86"\/_Tonight's Lo:62*F]*
*[Now Playing on MadTrollie*[Elgar]*]*
   Been a interesting day..not a great night's sleep but on the other hand not a bad one either..pretty typical for me and a pretty normal start to the day..decided to take the walk to Aldi this morning but the timing was off a little so rather than walk as I usual do around 09:00 waited just after 10:30..was overcast and not raining but one of those day's when you could "feel" the moisture in the air..just a light wind and not unpleasant atall..just to be on the safe side I wore my sleeveless windbreaker/rain gear..and enjoyed the walk greatly..temperature was in the lower 70s and with the moisture ans a breeze of about 10 mph +/- was quite comfortable..I've often said that if I could find a climate where it's 45*F to 65*F 24/7 & 365 then I'm moving..now I am total aware that I wouldn't find that unless in an artificial environment..which I'd want no part off..but even an gimpy..grumpy..codger like me can have our fantasies..,,
   Speaking of which..fantasies that is..many years ago I used to be a game master for the role playing game "Gamma World"..and a couple of others..only played "D & D" a couple of times and never got as we would have said back in the day.."in to it"..but did enjoy as a player & a game master.."Top Secret"..and of course the only weapon I carried was a .22 cal Beretta..very James Bondish....was also heavily into both board and miniature war gaming..long before everything ended up digital and computerized..just a bunch of dudes & dudettes around a table..was great fun..was a member of a local club..that held monthly gaming sessions and a regional tournament yearly for many years but peeps moved away and moved on..but it was great fun while it lasted....
   Did take a sit-down under the old oak tree before the weather decided to take a turn for the worse..still a few things to tie-up before I take my rest so will  bid you a good night....

No comments:

Post a Comment