Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Sunday, August 9, 2020

*[17:46 UTC-4]*
*[+77*F_cloudy_winds:southwest@6_humidity:59%_barometer:29.99"\/_Tonight's Low:+68*F]*
*[Now Plating on MadTrollie*[Jazz/Big Bands]*]*
   Well they went and done it again..when I checked the weather this morning around 05:00..it was predicted to begin rain at 17:00 and continue with thunder storms possible thru 23:00...and when I checked the weather forecast just before sitting down to make mt daily posting here..the only thing predicted was cloudy skies..[shrug]..not the first time the weatherman has swung and missed on a weather forecast in these parts..in fact there is a local saying up here: "If you don't like the weather..wait 15 minutes..it will probably change"..and I've been known to add.."probably for the worse"..although I checked the radar and it is raining to the east of use here over the Adirondack mountains...the elevation there is much higher..[link]..have in the past spent vacations and many day trips up there..in the little burg of Blue Mountain Lake there is a wonderful regional museum..[link]....
   The weather was quite pleasant this morning..not to hot and a warm breeze so decided to  change my mind and walk to Aldi this morning just after 09:00..and make a stop at Big Lots first..just a couple of bottle of black cherry sparkling water..a flavor Aldi doesn't carry and Big Lots price is 25 cents/bottle less than Price Chopper..and found a small piece of pepper jack cheese..a cheese although I may have had it in something I don't honestly remember..so the price was right and I bought it to try it..included it my rustic egg white frittata for mid-day meal and it was quite nice..although I doubt it will ever replace sharp cheddar on my fav list..I certainly will get it again..and then just the .usual fare at Aldi....
  Other then watching a bit of the second and third "Bourne" movies awhile preparing and consuming my mid-day meal have spent the rest of the day as I most often do..online..playing my games..attending to my duties as a mod on the FB group "The Farthest Side"..my blogs and my Youtube channel..still just a few things to button up for the day..and a fancy a stroll around the grounds here  before I call it a day..ergo..nite all....

No comments:

Post a Comment