Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Tuesday, August 4, 2020

[17:50 UTC-4]
[+70*_rain_wind:e/s/e@7_humidity:94%_barometer:29.74"\/_Overnight Lo:+54*F_rain and intermittent T-storms to continue thru 10:00 tomorrow]*{Now playing on MadTrollie"[Jazz/Big Bands]*]*
   There is a major Summer storm that has been moving up the east coast of the USA from the south and although we are a couple hundred miles from the east coast in-land..we have been under the west edge of the storm overnight thru tomorrow morning..so I have stayed in my rooms for the entire day..save for a trip just after 07:00 to pick up a couple of things from the breakfast buffet..and except for the expected interruption by the weekly visit from housekeeping..which I much appreciate..room vacuumed..little boy's room cleaned..fresh towels & linens & 1 don't have to do it I had intended to play my online games except for a break to watch "Fast Five" on HBO..but when that was done..decided to forego the games..I'm not sure whether because of the weather with its. humid/damp conditions or the fact that the barometric pressure was dropping like a stone..my hands were more stiff and sore today than/usual..and some of the solitaire "sorting" games were just a little too much to ask of them..so I had sometime before taking the penultimate chip drop on the free live poker game I play and posting here..what to do....
   Several years ago the PBS network had aired a British made series of Sherlock Holmes" mysteries feature the actor Jeremy Brett..which I had greatly enjoyed..and I had found several of them on Youtube..but at that point not my favorite one..so off to search Youtube for the episode "Silver Blaze" which I spent a very enjoyable 50+ minutes watching and now is safely saved to one of my play-lists..then took the aforementioned drop on poker..checked the weather forecast as I do several times a day..and sat down to write this posting....
   As the rain is now predicted to continue thru mid morning tomorrow will at least start the day online but assuming the weather clears as predicted will probably venture out in the afternoon for just a walk or possibly to the plaza just out my back down..one of the reasons I've stayed here as long as I have is the easy availability of just about everything I need..but speaking of things I need..to do anyways..there are still a few tasks to complete before I take my rest,,ergo..Nite All.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment