Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Wednesday, August 5, 2020

[17:33 UTC-4]
[+73*F_winds:w/s/w@14 mph_humidity:51%_barometer:30.02"/\_Overnight Lo:+55*F]*
[Now Playing on MadTrollie*[Balsom]*]*
   In the wake as it were from the storms of the last few day today and tomorrow the weather has cooled to some degree..mild temperatures today and tomorrow in the lower 70s F and today the winds were a brisk breeze..and needed a few things from Ollie's & Dollar General so early afternoon took a walk down to the plaza basically just out the backdoor where I live..just a small bottle of soy sauce..a couple of bags of cheddar/horseradish flavored potato chips..that are not for the faint of heart..very predominant horseradish flavor..which I really enjoy..when I was a kid if you walked into the back entry way for dad's parent's home..on a hook just inside the door you would always find drying horseradish root..none of the bottled variety for my grandmother..and if she was serving beef for dinner she would grate and prepare the horseradish fresh..and think I enjoy it now on several levels..not the least of those being memories of my dad's mom..I have only the vaguest memories of my dad's dad..he died when I was only three years old..and my only memories are surrounding the funeral services..in point of fact all of my grand parents had past by the time I was 11 years old..and my brother who is just a little over 10 years younger than I has no memory of them atall..so the few I have are precious..my mom's dad would time his Saturday morning walk to arrive at the local bakery so he was there as they were taking the hard-shell rye bread out of the oven..and to this day hard crusted bread and horseradish are two of my favorite things..oops..went off on a tangent..and a tradition small cup of ice cream from Dollar General on my way back to my rooms..
   Now I had been planning to walk to Price Chopper and T J Maxx Friday or on the week end..with the milder weather predicted for the morrow and the heat return Friday and following..I probably will take that walk tomorrow..assuming the weatherman/mother nature doesn't have other ideas..and the zombie apocalypse doesn't begin....   
   Spent part of the afternoon watching a couple of the older NCIS episodes on the USA network..and now to the few tasks that remain for me to complete before I take my rest..ergo..Nite to You all....

No comments:

Post a Comment