Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Sunday, August 23, 2020

*[16:51 UTC-4]
*[+85*F_sunny_winds:west@9_humidity:54%_barometer:29.96"\/_Tonight's Lo:+66*F]*
*[Now Playing on MadTrollie*["The Mix"]*]*
   After the disaster of the shallots going bad last night and the fact that I had transfer the last of my worcestershire sauce into a squeeze bottle..[because of my essential tremors I have a very difficult time getting the right amounts of liquid into my dishes..ergo..I put all of my liquids into squeeze bottles..oils..vinegar..& the aforementioned worcestershire sauce]..and when I transfer the last into the squeeze bottles I get a backup at the earliest convenient time..besides I hadn't been to T J Maxx in a couple of week..ergo..knowing from my abort trip there last Sunday their Sunday opening is at 11:00..so took a chip drop on poker and off to T J Maxx first..one of my longer walks..and got a canister of smoked hot paprika flakes..between hot spices and hot sauces I have over 20 different varieties in my pantry..I love spicy food but doesn't always like me back..ergo..if I order takeout chicken wings I always order the mild sauce and then spice it to my tastes..at Price Chopper the aforementioned shallots and worcestershire sauce..a nice piece of pre-breaded pre-cooked wild caught haddock..and 2 parsnips..so when I got back to my rooms..was out just over an hour..made a rustic egg-white frittata w/some red onion..potato..parsnips and use the smoked hot paprika flakes..sparingly..that not only have a nice "kick" of heat but an interesting flavor as well..definitely a keeper....
   One of the pieces in "'The Mix" is Beethoven's "Egmont Overture"..I played french horn in the high school band..we were playing a band arrangement and one of the other horn players gave me a thumbs up..in other words let's go bells up on the finale..we five also aimed the bells into the empty auditorium..well when we got done..the principal was in the "well" pointing up..and the chandeliers in the auditorium were swing..well as first horn I got called to the office and in no uncertain terms told we were never to do that again..and it wasn't even my idea..but as the first I took the heat for the section..besides it wasn't the first nor the last of my visits to the office..I was known as a prankster..
   But still things to do and a chip drop on poker in about 10 minutes so I'll wrap this up before I write a novella with my traditional..nite all....

No comments:

Post a Comment