Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Wednesday, August 26, 2020

*[16:50 UTC-4]
*[+67*_sunny_winds:west@11_humidity:45%_barometer:29.95"\/_Tonight's Lo:56*F..scattered T-storms predicted to begin around 02:00 tomorrow thru 16:00 & then rain from 23:00 thru 03:00 on Friday]*[Now Playing on MadTrollie*[Holst]+]*
   I got in the habit when in college living in a dorm or one year a house inhabited by a crazy bunch of guys when I was studying or trying to write one of the many papers required in my major areas of study [Biblical/Philosophical] of always listening to music..usual classical to help drowned out the hubbub that dorm/house life is famous for..and that habit has continued when it comes to posting to  my blogs..just helps me concentrate and blocks out any extemporaneous noise..[[note]: I always list the music/TV show/movie I'm listening to in the header]..so a couple of days ago I went to Youtube in preparation of my early morning posting to "Trollie's Game Room"..first thing in the morning I usually select either my "Medieval/Folk/Fantasy" or "Chant" playlist..["Chant is mostly Gregorian chant]..decided I'd prefer the "Chant" but couldn't find it in my lists..looked three  or four times wasn't there..but I then noticed a playlist labeled "Vocals"..one I'd never created..check it..yup..my chant list..apparently some "bot" on Youtube..probably related to "auto-correct" decided that it would be a better title..oy vey..I have had a long standing battle with "spell-check" with some of the words I use..non-english..slang..and a battle over whether I should capitalize certain words..and now I've got a bot changing my chosen descriptors..oy vey..I enjoy watching re-plays of track & field events and sometimes I'll look for it and find the bot has changed it to Athletics..which of course they are..but I prefer to be specific..now don't get me wrong..I like spell-check most times because my spelling is atrocious..but messin' with what I choose to call something..I draw the line there..Beware: "Big Brother Bot" is watching..[end rant]....
   Although it's been my kind of weather all day I have been safely tucked in my rooms so far although I do contemplate a walk after I finish this posting and before I put the period on today..ergo..nite all....

No comments:

Post a Comment