Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Friday, August 7, 2020

*[17:42 UTC-4]
*[+79*F_fair_winds:north@6 mph_humidity:46%_barometer:30.11"\/_Tonight's Lo:+60*F]*
*[Now Playing on MadTrollie*[Medieval/Folk/Fantasy]*]*
   Have spent a quiet day in my rooms save for a trip up to the lobby for a few items from the breakfast buffet..&..around 15:00 dragged my folding chair out the back door and found a nice shady spot under a quite large oak tree..and enjoyed a light but cooling breeze out of the north..besides that have spent my day online and watched parts of re-runs of the series "Bones"..some of the later episodes which aren't some of my favs..much prefer the earlier episodes..as with many of the long run drama/cop series..after a point they run out of believable plots and some of the plot lines are pretty obscure..
   I was sitting at my computer playing a sim of the card game "Hearts" when the phone rang..my land line phone sits on my computer desk..just a short reach to  my right..[I don't own a "smart phone..as I've mentioned before I have essential tremors..aka: old-age shakes..and a touch screen is very difficult if not impossible for me to use..besides I'm never to far from my rooms for any extend length of time so the extra expense..would just be that extra expense]..and the call was from my sis..they winter in Florida and had planned to return up to  the Northcountry in May but because of the CV-19 restrictions had waited until now..on the way up the spent the night Virginia..now that state is on the New York State list of states that require you to spend 2 weeks in quarantine..upon your arrival in New York..they arrived last week on Tuesday and won't be finished with it until this coming Tuesday..so it has been arranged for  sis & her hubby..my bro & his Mrs..and me and my warped sense of humor to get together in the city park in the late afternoon on Wednesday for a picnic and a get-together..haven't seen sis since last October..I understand that meat loaf and baked beans will be on the menu....
   I didn't sleep vary well last night so I'm starting to run on empty here energy-wise..awoke about midnight and dealt with a minor issue..and usually can roll over and drop quickly back to sleep but last night my brain had other ideas and it took the better part of a half an hour..so going to try to make an early night of it..speaking of which..Nite All....

No comments:

Post a Comment