Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Friday, August 28, 2020

*[17:12 UTC-4]
*[+69*_cloudy_winds:west@4_humidity:65%_barometer:29.82"\/_Tonight's Lo:+60*F_rain predicted to begin about mid-night and continue changing about 05:00 to T-storms thru 16:00 Saturday evening]*[Now Playing on MadTrollie*[Away All Boats]*]....
   I had just about all my online play done by just before 11:00..now I was just about out of the peppers and chilies that I use in my rustic egg-white frittatas and also wanted to take a run up to T J Maxx as well..had tentatively "penciled it  in" for Sunday and after a look at tomorrows forecast decided that I probably should make that walk today..so just before 11:00 I headed towards the plaza to the south and west of my rooms..one of my longer walks..first to T J Maxx..I had mentioned a few days ago that I had found a container of hot paprika flakes..and since T J Maxx is an outlet..they'll get something in..have it until it's gone and then maybe never have it again..so had decided to first chance I got go up and buy another for a backup..and while there found a bottle of medium hot sauce made with malagueta chili peppers..I'd never heard of that pepper before and apparently neither had spell check..it's apparently part of the tabasco pepper family [link]..it's from my research a common chili pepper in Brazil..and is as advertised a medium heat and a flavor very similar to tabasco..yup..another hot sauce..sorry but I can't help myself..and then to Price Chopper..some poblano chili peppers..a red bell..and I pepper I'd never see before..a purple bell pepper..well..had to get a couple to check them out..a taste similar to a green bell but from my POV just a bit more flavor than a green bell..and then back to my rooms and yes both the purple pepper and the new hot sauce found there way in to my /usual second meal rustic egg-white frittata and both were a good addition....
  As always one of the things I do just before posting here is to check the weather forecast and the TV listings for tomorrow..two movies I'd like to watch tomorrow.."The Bourne Ultimatum" & "Justice League" and of course the two showing times overlap..oy vey..but with the weather tomorrow looks like another day in my rooms and that I don't mind atall....
   Just took the penultimate chip drop on my poker game for today..and just a couple more things to tie up before I take my rest..ergo..nit all....

No comments:

Post a Comment