Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Wednesday, July 8, 2020

[17:02 UTC-4]
[+89*F_sunny_winds:w/s/w@10 mph_humidity:47%_barometer:29.89"\/]....
[Now Playing on MadTrollie:["The Mix"]:]....
   This morning as I always do in preparation for starting my daily posting to "Tollie's Game Room" I checked the weather forecast for Today and the days following..this morning about 04:30..and as I was recording the data notice that a "Heat Advisory" had been posted and clicked on the link and what I found you can see below in the footer..in as hut shell from noon tomorrow to 20:00 on Friday..it's going to be hot..daytime highs in the 90s and high humidity..now I acknowledge that fact there maybe some who read this that are thinking that is that bad..but if you lived where I do were in winter below zero Fahrenheit temperature are not uncommon..with wind-chills in excess of -25*F not uncommon..temperatures predicted in the magnitude over the next couple of days are extremely uncommon..your body tends to adjust to the most common extreme and up here that ain't hot/humid weather..but as to cold even we in the Northcountry have our limits..except for 9 semesters of college I've lived here since July of 1966..and in that time there has been one day that the city basically shutdown for a day..nobody went anyway basically..temperature was -55*F with 55 mph winds..wind-chill was in excess of -100*F..frostbite and hypothermia..could occur in under a minutes..we may be crazy for living here but we..or at least I'm not insane..and besides as I grow older my tolerance to both the extremes of heat and cold isn't once it once was..unless it is of absolutely necessary I will not venture out if the temperature is below 0*F..or over 90*F unless the humidity is low..so my intent for the next few days is to hunker down in my fortress of solitude..and crank up the AC..
   Had no reason to venture out today save for a brief walk this morning to get somethings for breakfast from the lobby I've been in my rooms all day..and have the firm intention of doing the same for the next couple of days..besides both Price Chopper and Aldi delivers..
   Still things that need doing..ergo..Nite All....

No comments:

Post a Comment