Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Thursday, July 23, 2020

[17:26 UTC-4]
[+81"F_partly cloudy_winds:northwest@8_humidity:59%_barometer:29.98"\/_Tonight's Lo:+61*F]....
[Now Playing on Madtrollie:[Ellington];]....
   Now I never listen to music while playing my online games..and only have the sound on if the sound effects actually aid in playing the game..on the other hand when composing the entries to my blogs I always have music/old TV episode/movie on in the background..it's an old habit that I picked up when trying to study in a male dorm/off campus house..the background level of noise and other distractions can create a very difficult environment for one to concentrate on the book being read or the paper being written..and I found playing music in the background helped drown out the racket from my dorm/house mates...my music of choice was always classical..I'd either find a local classical music station or use a cassette type machine..I did a google image search to see if I could find a pic of the machine I had..looked under "vintage cassette tape recorder"..and the one I had pre-dated the oldest one I found by at least 5 or 10 years..guess I should have searched for "Stone Age cassette tape recorders"..oy vey..but today I've been in a Jazz mode all day..both here and over at "Trollie's Game Room"....[note:while reading and editing the above discovered I rather than typing "here" had typed "hear" and I almost left it as was..I do like puns and play-on-words]....
   When I checked the weather last night before posting here as I always do..the weather for today called for intermittent T-storms most of the day today..into early AM Friday..when I checked this AM..around 05:00 or so..only a couple of hours this afternoon..later in the morning before a quick walk to Dollar General..clear weather thru tomorrow..[shrug]..an old farmer friend of my years ago was fond of saying that "The weatherman was the only person he knew that got paid for being right 25% of the time"..oh Dollar General..just a six-pack of 7.5 oz cans of Dr Pepper..a bottle of Gatorade Zero and a grinder of black pepper corns..and as/usual some banter with the pretty check out clerk..yup..I known I'm an old coot..but the day I stop looking will be the day they nail the lid over my head....
   Editing done..just a few minor changes..but the day grows old and rushes towards its' inevitable end..[dang..actually spelled inevitable correct without the aid of spell-check]..still a few to button up before I take my rest..ergo..Nite All....

No comments:

Post a Comment