Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Sunday, July 5, 2020

[18:15 UTC-4]
[+83*F_sunny_winds:w/s/w@8 mph_humidity:44%_barometer:29.92"\/_Overnight:Lo:62*F]....
[Now Playing on MadTrollie:["The Mix"]]:]....
   After checking the weather forecast and the traffic on Arsenal Street..decided that I'd walk this morning..had an hour and a half "window" just after 09:00 and that was plenty of time..and decided to "kill two birds with one stone" as it were..if I followed my normal procedures I would have gone to the ATM tomorrow to withdraw my "10 day walking around money" but I could stop at the ATM on the way to Aldi with just a slightly different staring point..besides it is after all my procedure and with me things are always subject to change whether by design..need..or whim..rolls..bananas..3 bottles of fruit flavored sparkling water..a round of Queso Fresco..a package of 2 small wedges of New York style cheese cake..and..well better start at the beginning..when I had been there a few days ago they had Bing [aka:dark sweet] cherries..the first of in my not so humble opinion a season that is far too short..cherries are 3 of my four favorite fruits..unfortunately the bags were way too big for me..and I feared that some would go bad before I got thru the bag..so with great reluctance I declined..but when I walked thru the produce aisles today..they had smaller bags of Rainier cherries..and one of those bags now resides in my frig..well minus a few individuals...an interesting article about the two varieties mentioned above..[link]....
   Also had a sit-down right before I came into to start the writings of this post..just on the back lawn in my folding chair..and as I sat there enjoying the warm weather..I noticed at a distance a group of geese down at the end of the plaza just below where my lodgings are..better part of 75 yards..or about the distance in my golfing days I could hit a 60* lob wedge..thought about walking down to watch..but was way to comfortable..so pulled out my compact binoculars from my small sling bag[aka:man purse}..that I always carry on my walks and sit-downs..just enough room for the binoculars..a water bottle and a pair of reading glasses..watched form a distance..and occasional will use the binoculars to watch whatever other "wild life" that may cross into my field of view..dang..I'm old..not dead....
   Still things to attend to before I take my rest..ergo..Nite All....

No comments:

Post a Comment