Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Friday, July 31, 2020

[17:31 UTC-4]
[++83*F_partly cloudy_winds:north@10_humidity:42%_barometer:29.96"/\+Overnight Lo:+61*F]....
[Now Playing on MadTrollie*["The Mix"]*]....
   Despite the high temperature I had a very enjoyable walk to Aldi this morning..just after nine o'clock..I usually try to plan my day if a walk there is in the offing..to get there as soon after they open as possible..at times it can be quite busy and especial now because of the added regulations and restrictions due to the CV-19 problem..didn't need that much..just some bananas..3 bottles of fruit flavored sparkling water & a quart of liquid egg whites..had a nice chat with one of "kids" who was stocking shelves & another with the "kid" who checking me out..and a pleasant walk back to my rooms..and after I finish posting this will probably take a turn or to around the grounds here....
   It just hasn't felt like Summer this year..oh..the weather screams Summer in the North Country..but it just hasn't felt like it....normally by late March or early April the hotel I  live in has a large number of construction workers from out of area who stay here and work on projects in the area..there is an old adage up here that there are only two seasons in the Northcountry.."Winter & Construction"..and they usual remain until October..and in a typical years the last three weekends of July are occupied by regional tournaments for kids..soccer/lacrosse & girls softball..and the hotel is jumping with kids & their parents..now it is true that I try my best to avoid the hubbub..but in the past I has struck up some casual friendships with a couple of the construction workers..but somehow the Summer is not complete without the presence of the aforementioned....
   Other than the walk to Aldi have spent the day in my rooms mostly online but I have spent some time watching TV as well..a couple of episodes of "Bones"..with most of my tasks completed..may take the aforementioned walk..and I assume a sandwich may be in my immediate future..ergo..goodnight to you all....

No comments:

Post a Comment