Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Saturday, July 18, 2020

[17:40 UTC-4]
[+84*F_sunny_winds:southwest:10  mph..humidity:52%_barometer:29.89"\/_Overnight Lo:+72*F]....
[Now Playing on MadTrollie:["The Part"];]....
   I did take a break from my usual online activities and watch most of the "Kill Bill" I..but decided that the only one of the "Bourne's" I really wanted was the third one..which starts in just under an hour..but there were things I needed to take care of before that so back online..
   Decided to take a walk to Aldi but to make a stop first at Big Lots..really didn't see anything that just jumped off the shelves and demanded that I take them with me..save for a couple of bottles of black cherry sparkling water..It's a flavor that Aldi doesn't carry..Price Chopper does but Big Lots' price is 25 cents cheaper..yup I know..but you have to remember..I still remember when I was growing up if I recall correctly it would have been the Summer of '61..on the way back from a church youth group outing we stopped at a MacDonald's..first time I'd ever been to one..and got a burger..fries & a soft drink and paid 45 cent..if you got a shake it would have been 5 cents more...I never deny that I am a frugal person..although some would call me a "penny pincher"..okay..maybe but I a mere amateur compared to my dad..when I pinch a penny they merely suggest to Lincoln that he consider visiting urgent care..but when dad pinched a penny they put Lincoln in the ICU and alerted the morgue..he was also a fair hand at the sport of the haggle..a trait that I have apparently inherited from him..but I digress..had a nice chat with one of the clerks who I have't in awhile..nice kid..then off to Aldi..pretty much the /usual fare but a round of smoked Gouda..which ended up in an egg white dish with some baby spinach & pencil asparagus..very nice..but also saw one of the Aldi kids have seen in awhile..another good chat....
   But the Zero-hour is fast approaching and "The Bourne Ultimatum" is just a few minutes away..ergo..Nite All....

No comments:

Post a Comment