Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Friday, July 10, 2020

[18:17 UTC-4]
[+89*F_fair_winds:s/s/e@10_humidity:43%_barometer:29.30"\/_overnight Lo:69*F]....
[Now Playing on MadTrollie:[a Hornblower episode:"Duty"]:]....
   When I awoke this morning I had no intention of leaving my rooms today save for a walk up to the lobby to pickup a few things for first meal from the morning offerings..that is before I checked the weather for the next few days as I always do before doing my morning postings to "Trollie's Game Room"..and discovered that starting just before mid-night thru Tuesday AM the forecast calls for rain..thunder storms w/heavy rain..and periodic scattered and isolated thunder storms..now there may well be a change in the forecast or even a "hole" or two over the next couple of days..but the simple truth was that if there were none of the above I'd be out of a few things by Tuesday..mainly liquid egg whites and bananas to name two....
   Ergo..the weather this morning wasn't that bad..true the temperature was 94*F..but a decent breeze and broken cloudy cover and the humidity was around 45%..and the walk there is quite short..and the store is air-conditioned..My lightest nice shirt and shorts and off I went..got all necessary items and probably wouldn't have take more that a half an hour but ran into a couple I haven't seen in years..probably on the order of 12 years +/-..members of the church I was attending then..nice couple..just don't ask me their names..I rarely forget a face but for some reason I've never been quite able to fathomed names more often than not don't stick in my mind....While in college I had know this girl for 2 plus years and we had been seeing each other for 5 or 6 weeks..so we were sitting in the cafeteria one morning and for the life of me I couldn't remember her name..fortunately someone walked by and called to her by name..on the other hand some 50+ years  later I now remember it..the mind is a very funny thing and I am convinced my has go a very nasty streak when it comes to me remembering names..
    The day waxes on..and still things to do before I take my rest..ergo..Nite All....

No comments:

Post a Comment