Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Thursday, July 2, 2020

[17:52 UTC-4]
[+83*F_partly cloudy_winds:w/s/w@8 mph_humidity:61%_barometer:29.81"\/]....
[Overnight Lo:+67*F]....[T-storms possibly heavy at times between 20:00 & 01:00]....
[Now Playing on MadTrollie:[The Mix]:]....
   I wasn't planning on walking today..didn't need to until tomorrow or even Saturday and then came to my senses..or what little of those I have left..for many tomorrow is the start of the extended four day weekend  over the 4th of July which is Saturday..commemorating the signing of the "Declaration of Independence" in 1776..and the traffic will probably insane..and my primary stop was the convenience store which also happens to be the first gas station of exit 45 on I-81..and probably will be very busy thru Monday..ergo..decided to take that walk just before noon...and then on the way back to my rooms stop at Ollie's..basically just to look to see if any thing was new..got some granola bars..and a package of Korean Barbecue flavored pork jerky..and stop at Dollar General for the summer traditional small cup of ice cream..temperature was in the mid-80s with virtually no breeze..so did get a tad warmer than I would have preferred..despite having shorts and a tee-shirt on..ergo cranked up  the AC and had my  ice cream and now am back to my normal self....
   It's my plan thru Monday to stay as close to my rooms as possible and unless a dire emergency..not cross Arsenal St..it's at best when the traffic is light a challenge..but probably will be heavy traffic most of the extended weekend..full with distracted drivers..either the cellphone..the kids in the back seat or just because they're in a hurry to get wherever..and even in the designated walk zone with the walk light not a risk I'm willing to take..I've lost count of the close calls I've had crossing there..and my guardian angel my have the weekend off..besides I have bananas til Tuesday..I have to cross to get to both Aldi & Price Chopper..and besides if I really needed something they both deliver..so it's the fortress of solitude for the Mad-One this weekend....
   I love a good pun or play on words..there was a movie a few years ago titled "Born on the 4th of July"..well the SyFy network is show a marathon both Friday and Saturday they were calling "Bourne on the 4th of July"..and I will undoubtedly watch much of it..I especially like the third one...
   But the time draws neigh nigh for me to complete my daily tasks and this one is now completed..ergo..nite all....

No comments:

Post a Comment