Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Thursday, July 16, 2020

[17:23 UTC-4]
[+71*F_rain_winds:south@10 mph_humidity:90%_barometer:30.12"\/_Tonight's Lo:69*F..rain/T-storms to continue thru 10:00 Friday]....[Now Playing on MadTrollie:[Lt Ellis of Shado];]....
   I have to admit that for the most part I prefer the SyFy/Monster/Horror flicks of the '50s thru the late '70s..too many of the ones made in the last 40 years or so rely more on special effects than of plot..besides they tend to take themselves much too seriously..I enjoyed the sometimes crude effects and the quite unintended humor....the old Hammer Films and the like..but then I was born in 19:47..so maybe it's now in small part just me remember the "good-old-days"....
   I can remember as a teen hearing my elders reminiscing about the "good-old-days"..and since most of them had lived through the "great depression" I used to react with a bit of rye humor..not openly of course..or I would have been taken to task or possibly the "wood shed"[link]..the funny and probably inevitable thing is I find myself remembering my youth..when things were easier..more recognizable.."the good-old-days"..and I guess my preferences to the shows of the past are to be expected....
   Was a decent day up to about 14:00 when the storm moved in..a walk to Aldi and actually took my shopping list with me..and got everything on the list..only one problem had forgotten to add one item..which of course I forgot to get..dummkopf..not a big deal..can get something similar at Dollar General and/or Ollie's and was planning a trip that way either tomorrow after the storm abates or over the weekend....
   Except for the aforementioned walk have spent the days in my rooms..got an early start this morning was logged on just before 04:00 so my play on my "live games" will be wrapped up just before 19:00..may watch some TV or something off Youtube..or perhaps try to doze off in my recliner again like I did the other evening..somewhere along my "trip" through the years the script has been flipped..never was a "morning person"..could stay up to "all hours" as we would have said back in the day..now I'm up and at 'um early and rarely ever see 21:00 anywhere but in bed..asleep....
   A few more things to attend to..ergo..nite all....

No comments:

Post a Comment