Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Friday, July 24, 2020

[17:25 UTC-4]
[+84*F_sunny_winds:e/n/e@5 mph_humidity:39%_barometer:30.-7"\/_Tonight Lo:62*F]....
[Now Playing on MadTrollie:[Sink The Bismarck];]....
   It has been an interesting day..had the best nights sleep I've had in quite a while..I rarely sleep more that 2 hours with out awaking either because of the diuretic effects of one of the meds I take or because one of my joints decides to "sing" one of those mournful dirges that they are so fond of..I actually sleep continuously for just under sin and a half hours..when O did finally surface it was my left hand that was reminding me of the damage I've done to it over the years..just over 50 years ago while taking my place in the nets for scrimmage with my college soccer team I dove to block a low hard shot to my right..did manage to deflect it round the post..a hard wood 4x4..but all eight fingers made very hard contact with it..and about 40 some odd years ago when working maintenance at the factory I worked at for 35+ was helping the big boss testing one of the machines and managed to run the tip of my first finger on my left hand through a set of moving rollers that were 20 thousands of an inch apart..dummkopf..chipped the bone and it left a permanent dent in the tip of my finger ..why it picked this morning to physically remind me of my past incidents I don't know..maybe it was just its' turn....
   Except for a short walk cross the street to Aldi..just some bananas..a carton of liquid egg whites & 3 bottles of fruit flavored sparkling water..and again that accursed crossing across Arsenal Street..I was in the walk lane w/the walk light..under state law I have the right of way..but it makes no sense to argue with to pickup trucks in a hurry and turning left thru the crosswalk..oy vey....
   Another thing that has fallen victim to CV-19..the local country fair which usually runs the second week in July was cancelled until that it held the distinction of being the longest continuously running county fair in the USA....
   As is my routine have spent the rest of the day in my rooms and online..save for watching a few re--runs of the TV "Vegas"..and of thinking about after finishing this taking a stroll around the grounds here..and still a few things to do..ergo..Nite All....

No comments:

Post a Comment