Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Tuesday, July 14, 2020

[17:30 UTC-4]
[+78*F_partly cloudy_winds:w/n/w@10 mph_humidity:63%_barometer:30.00"~_overnight Lo:+63*F]....
[Now Playing on MadTrollie:[a Hornblower episode:"Duty"]:]....
   It's been an interesting day in many respects..early had a situation on the FB group where I'm a moderator..we have a very strict no-politics rule..and another mod had posted a cartoon that I thought might prompt some of the members to stray very close to crossing the line so kept and "eye" on it and sure enough while maybe kicking dirt on the line nobody actually crossed it..so I sent several PMs to the other guy and we came up with a solution..we didn't boot anyone from the groups but we did remove the cartoon..with no admin on sight I have been given the "con" by the chief admin....
   Being Tuesday and approaching the 11 o'clock hour(am)..I was excepting my visit from housekeeping..so finished up what I was doing..and as I often do was preparing to take a walk to see if I could get a estimate as to when they would arrive..two steps from the door getting ready to turn the door-nob and a knock at the door..housekeeping..now how's that for good timing....
   Late decided to head up to the ATM and get my "10 day walking around money" partly cloud..the ATM is in a covered "drive thru" lane..and as I turned to exit discovered it was lightly raining..and by the time I took the short walk back to my rooms it had already ceased....
   And a bit later a short dash to Ollie's and Dollar General..basically just some snack food and a bottle  of balsamic vinegar..and had some nice chats with the checkout girls.....
   Have spent the rest of the day online as is my custom..games..modding..and wandering around Youtube..also think I've finally made the last adjustments to the layout on "Trollie's Game Room" that I needed so make because of the loss of two of the sites I used to use..one is gone..and the other is in such disarray that it just isn't worth it to me to put up with..have moved one of the games to another site..and the other two can't find as of yet a reasonable replacement..but will keep looking..
   Speaking of looking..I'mm looking forward to the end of my day..still a few tasks..ergo..nite all....

No comments:

Post a Comment