Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Saturday, July 25, 2020

[17:42 UTC-4]
[+84*F_sunny_+68*F_winds:w/s/w@10 mph_humidity:42%_barometer:30.03"\/_Tonight's Lo:68*F]....
[Now Playing on MadTrollie:["Hec Ramsey"(pilot];]....
   Another warm day here is the Northcountry..except for a walk to the lobby to pickup items for breakfast for today and tomorrow..and a quick trip to Dollar General for a package of cookies..a bag of ripple chips..& a package of ball point pens with colored ink that I use to log my game play..I've been in my rooms for the rest of the day..I had planned to go up the hill to the ATM today to get my "10 day walking around money" but as I mentioned last night..I took  a late walk after posting here and on the spur of the moment decided to do the ATM run last night....
   I had intended to watch re-runs of the TV show "Vegas" that USA is running a marathon of this weekend..and here's the funny thing about it..I used to like the show years a go one it's first run..one of mt fav shows at the time..so sat myself down and tried to enjoy them..and my reaction was..this show stinks..and then why did I have like it..the only thing I can think of was the first time..a few years ago I was a pretty heavy drinker..don't know..but now I won't waste my time watching that show..however the "Bourne Ultimatum" is on tonight starting @18:00 local time and is one of the reasons I'm writing this a little early tonight..[[note]: today makes it 33 months sober]....
   I went looking today PDFs of both "Brave New World" & "1984"..with all the talk of "the new normal" post CV-19..thought it won't hurt to re-read one and read the other for the first time..when I was a senior in high school one of the books we were assigned to read was "Brave New World" and over the years have read many books and articles both fiction and non-fiction on utopian
philosophy..and my conclusion is no matter how you try to create it..it will never work..because you may be able to control for a time "human nature" but you'll never remove it..one of the areas of my college studies was both religious & secular philosophies..and also historical records of the attempts..and the failures....
   Still a few things to nailed down before I take my rest..ergo..Nite All....

No comments:

Post a Comment