Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Thursday, July 30, 2020

[17:17 UTC-4]
[+79*F_sunny_winds:w/s/w@12 mph_humidity:54%_barometer:29.84"\/_Overnight Lo:+62*F]....
[Now Playing on MadTrollie:["the Mix"]*]....
   Although fairly hot day today..highs were in the lower 80s but a stiff breeze [12 mph +/-] and low humidity..made it a pleasant day for one of my longer walks..first to the convenience store..then I the way back to Ollie's..I needed more olive oil..although I've tried other oils I've come to prefer the olive oil..I always buy my oil at Ollie's being an out-let I can buy a comparable oil to that at a regular market for at times up to 50% less..then to Dollar General on the way back to my rooms for a bottle of tomato juice..their store brand..again just as good as a name brand but more affordable..and a bottle of Gatorade Zero..I always have a bottle in the frig..and it's my routine to drink some when returning from my walks..especially on hot days..as a former soccer player/distance runner I make sure I always stay hydrated..and now because one of my meds has diuretic properties it's even more important....
   Took a turn around the lawns here and encountered a group of 15 geese..4 adults and their "teen-aged" kids..at this point this years hatch are about 7/8th of the size of the adults..about the only way to tell them from the adults is the fact that their necks are still a little shorter..now I'd never do this when the goslings were smaller..bur I decided to do a little goose herding..by placing myself about 20 feet away on their intend line of travel I got them to head off on a tangent..and yes I did get the head bob and a little hissing was done..but I just enjoyed spending some time watching them..might be the last time for this season..once the young ones get their flight feathers..they'll be gone..to farmers fields & the Perch River preserve/refuge which is a little west of where I live..[link]..if you go out there in late October/early November you can see literally 1000's of geese/ducks/wild swans that congregate for the flight south..and if you're luck perhaps a Bald Eagle as well..about 35 years ago they placed a couple of mated pairs on the refuge..[link]....
   But the time has come for me to prepare for the end of day..ergo..nite all....

No comments:

Post a Comment