Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Monday, February 5, 2018

(10:22 AM UTC-5)
(+10*F....-7*F w/wind chill)
(Trumpet music of Purcell and Handel played by Alison Balsom on period correct instruments)
  We are under another Winter Weather Advisory, we been lucky snow wise  the bulk has been south of us here, but this advisory is for this evening until Tuesday evening.......and the wind depending on your point of view is from the right or wrong direction...it's going to be out of the WSW......in '77 the wind during this time of year was out of the WSW for 8 days and we got over 150" of snow in those 8 days......
  Just finished first meal of the day......reheated Pork Egg Foo Young & Egg Drop soup....ended up getting delivery for my not going to watch the Superbowl "tailgate"...also some boneless ribs and french fries........I know, french fries from a Chinese restaurant......but the truth is because they use a pre-blanched crinkle-cut fry the result is not bad and a heck of alot better then most in town.....summer of '67 (between 1st and 2nd years in college).....I worked at a Carrols burger joint.......and one of my jobs every morning was to drag a 100 lb bag of potatoes up from the basement and turn them into french fries, the right way.......I figured I get chinese delivery because who eats chinese food while watching American Football.....normally takes about 35 minutes from order to my door...but last night over an hour.......was it the snow...was it that my above assumption was wrong.....perish the thought.....or that there were a bunch of people having "we ain't watching the game munchies" like me
  Truth be told I did bounce by the game...saw a couple of plays right before halftime.....and then once more saw a few plays in the 3rrd quarter.....but was in bed by 9PM......
  But both feet were singing some tragic duet about 2AM and got up for maybe 30 minutes +/- until they were mostly done.......logged on and saw the Pats had lost.....a fine result.....I really could have cared less if the Eagles had won.....I just wanted the Pats to lose.....yup I know but it makes sense to me...

No comments:

Post a Comment