Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Wednesday, February 21, 2018

(11:05 AM UTC-5)
(+55*F)
( a classical mix)
  When I awoke about 7 AM this morning it was sunny and in the mid 60*sF, and it's just started to rain....and by the radar will continue for a while
  As I checked my email this morning I saw a news alert that the Dr. Billy Graham had past......I sat down with great emotion to make my routine post to this blog.....and in the emotion of the news what flowed out didn't belong here.....so I cut/paste and moved it to "Random Thoughts"...it belongs there......
  There was a brake in the weather around 7 PM last night so took a brief walk, needed to pickup a few things.....now the street I walked along was quite busy and although it was not raining the traffic kicked up the moist off the roadway so there was a mist in the air temperature was in mid-50s so the walk was quite pleasant
  I went to the market and thought I'd hit the lottery...of the 8 items I bought all but one were on sale with the use of my "Advantage Card".....my over 16$ charge with the card was a few pennies under 12$......
  Now as the above will testify I am by nature a tad frugal...but I come by it honestly.....my dad could pinch a penny so hard he could get Lincoln to scream.....but there a few high end items that I really enjoy and will pick up if it's on the "card".....caviar being one of those items......so as I was surveying the can meats selection there sitting on a top shelf I heard a jar of caviar gently calling my name.....it always does but at the normal price $9.99 for 2 oz.......i can ignore it but when the sticker reads $6.99 w/card......it'd now rest in my  cupboard....awaiting the demise of the near empty jar in my fridge      

No comments:

Post a Comment