Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Wednesday, February 14, 2018

(10:45 AM UTC-5).
(+37*F.....+28*F w/wind chill)
(Best of Wagner)
  Now i don't trust the long range weather predictions further that I could pickup the predictor and throw him/her....which at 70 years and to bad shoulders is not far......dang if he/she wasn't quite small I couldn't pick either up in the first place....but you get the drift....
  The long range forecast for the next 15 days, save 1 is for daily high temperatures in the mid 30's to mid 40s......just the 1 in the mid 20s......now was I alluded to above.......I don't trust long range weather forecasts.....especially in late winter in Watertown......at best it's what we who did inventory used to call the S.W.A.G. Method ........if you saw SWAG following an item on an inventory entry you knew it was a rough estimate....(sorry: SWAG....scientific wild ass guess)
  I spent most of my early and teen years growing up in a rural area outside Buffalo NY.....and if you asked how far it was from where you were to a distant point you'd probably get a distance "as the crow flies"......So I was thinking as I was posting maybe someone has an app for that and sure enough..."as the crow flies" distance calculator  (link)........one hint if you ask for distance from where you are to a body of water the result will be to the center of said body of water......pick the nearest point on land from you that is on the shore of the body of water you have in mind......a fun tool.....that I've just bookmarked....I tend to be a packrat when it comes to bookmarks.....

No comments:

Post a Comment