Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Friday, February 9, 2018

(9:36 AM UTC-5)
(+17*F......+7*F...w/wind chill.......w/light snow)
(Best of Wagner Overtures)
  Light  snow which is part of another weather alert, lake effect between here and Sandy Creek.....but the bulk of the snow is to fall over the I-81 corridor....but that's being pushed out by a storm coming out of the SSE......could be heavy at times......but not lake effect heavy.....winds out of the wrong direction
  The frig was pretty empty yesterday, and with the feet yelling at me and the snow, to walk to my local food market was contraindicated by my common sense...as an aside that's the thing about common sense..it's not that common.......where was I....what was I doing....and WHY!.....So delivery was in order but I was caught on the horns of a dilemma......I felt like chicken wings....but did not feel like the sides from the places that do a good Buffalo style wing.......I actually felt like some chinese food....the usual suspects, but I wanted wings....now they have fried chicken wings on their menu...... the price for four wings seemed a little pricey but then it's only money....I had been reluctant to try them in the past but decided to give them a go...... so the order came and I discovered that when they said wing, that's exactly what the meant, a whole wing, not divided into its' individual parts, deep fried, and a nice crunch to the coating......no sauce, but with my collection of hot sauces, and assorted other condiments...that's not a problem...must add those crunchy delights to the list of usual suspects......also got some soup ( usually get Egg Drop or Hot & Sour, but got Chicken Noodle an interesting take on the classic), shrimp toast, Pork Egg Foo Young......and some french fries which they make a decent one......

No comments:

Post a Comment