Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Friday, February 2, 2018

(11:26 AM UTC-5)
(+7*F......w/wind chill -8*F)
(Baroque Music for War)
  The music I'm listening to this AM, most of the pieces are new to me,  and most are with period correct instruments.....but music with an association to war is not that uncommon......from the classical period we have "The 1812 Overture" and "Wellington's Victory"........in the USA we have "The Battle Hymn of the Republic" and there are many more of this type.....and how can I leave out "Over There".....and many countries have their own marshall music Holst wrote two suites for military band......( there was an imperceptible pause to you as I ran off and added Holst's "Suites for Military Band" Op.28 1&2..to my bookmarks.......played both when I was in high school band and some 30 years +/- later so did my daughter)
  Have spent some time writing posts to my new blog, it's not quite ready for the "public" yet......

No comments:

Post a Comment