Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Sunday, February 18, 2018

(10:43 AM UTC-5)
(+32*F.......+25*F w/wind chill..sunny)
(Alison Balsom: Trumpet Concertos)
  Got a dusting of snow, but a nice sunny day never the less, prediction is for rain and temperatures in the 40s and 50s for the next 3 days.....now I will occasionally walk in light snow if necessary but walking in rain is not in the cards for me......years ago if I had a training run scheduled I would run, unless thunder and lightening were predicted......but then I was a lot younger then....and far more reckless......an I have the "aches and pains" to prove it...
  In my 50+ years living in this area this is the weirdest weather I've ever seen.....basically we're experiencing typical April weather in February........as well as wild temperature swings all winter.....used to be you could predict the basic weather to expect on a 7 year cycle.....with the worst weather coming on the mid year of the cycle..but not only does this winter not fit in the cycle.....but it's the strangest one I can remember
  I'll probably watch the Daytona race today....don't have a particular dog in the hunt but I usually watch  the coverage of the "big" stock cars and Indy car races.....I enjoy auto racing even when as now I don't have a particular favorite driver.......
  

No comments:

Post a Comment