Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Tuesday, February 20, 2018

(9:31 AM UTC-5)
(+53*F...rain)
(Brahms: a German Requiem)
  Been raining on an off the last 2 days and rain is in the forecast for tomorrow and Thursday as well....this has been the goofiest winter I can remember.....I've spent the last 70+ winters in the Northeastern USA, and can't remember one like this.....very cold December...that's usually January..a rather mild January..that's usually February....and now March weather is February......I'm completely farmisht ( sorry; befuddled)
  I've been spending a lot of time down the proverbial rabbit hole that is the memories of my past......old friends....things I've done......memories can be intoxicating.....and there are at least for me 2 main keys that open the doors to my journeys  through the past......my aches and pains from playing sports too aggressively, and music......lately the key to most of my flights into memories of the past have been through music.....
  It's hard even for me to express how important music has been to me, both as a listener and as a performer .....it has been for me a great source of joy....but also a place I ran to in times of trouble or sorrow.....and a place..to express my inner feelings, to relax, to contemplate, to recharge, and yes even to hide from the world around me... 

No comments:

Post a Comment