Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Sunday, February 25, 2018

(3:13 PM UTC-5)
(+48*F.......partially cloudy)
(Best of Smetana)
  Rained most of the early morning until just before noon but has turned into a pretty nice day, I got up around 7AM and saw no evidence of the predicted freezing rain, but the girl on day cover at the front desk said it was quite slippery on her drive in this morning....but then she lives in the "boondocks".....and at a higher elevation then here, so not surprised....
  Been another quiet day, spent some time posting to "Random Thoughts" on the current rash of violence in schools.......
  No walk today.....with the damp weather and having take walks the last few days I find myself pretty stiff and sore.....a big change from my early twenties when I thought nothing of going on a 15 mile run, or logging between 75 and 100 miles a week of training runs....sometimes it feels that that was a life time ago, but then I remind myself that that was 45+ years ago....maybe 2 lifetimes ago

No comments:

Post a Comment