Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Saturday, February 10, 2018

(7:05 PM UTC-5)
((+23*F and +12*F w/wind chill.....light to moderate snow..wind out of the ENE at 12 mph)
("Hellfighters")
  Just got back from the "Early Evening Walk of the gimpy,grumpy, old man.....maybe not the greatest night for a walk..but several factors were in play...first of these is I've spent all of my 70+ winters in the north eastern USA, and the vast majority of that in areas where "lake effect" snow is an issue, plus I know how to dress for it.....second the pantry was getting pretty bare, and lastly because of my feet really hadn't been out of my rooms for almost two weeks.....and I was getting a rather bad case of cabin fever.......so off I went
  First stop was a convenience store that carries the "chew" I use....been a user of said product for 40 years, a hold over from my factory and hunting period....I'm in the process of "kicking" one bad habit...am going on 4 months sober.....
  Then to the food market...among food stuffs I needed a jar of the topical gel I use for my arthritis,,,,It's on a bottom shelf, usually get in when the pharmacy is open and one of the pharmacists who knows  me will get it for me....fortunately 2 nice 30 something ladies were in that aisle and one of them kindly got it for me....and no I didn't stand behind her when she bend over to get it......I'm a gimpy, grumpy, old man, not a dirty old man.....
  Had wanted to stop at Aldi, but 2 of the nice young girls on checkout and I barely got all of my purchases in my sling bag...so Aldi will have to wait for another day.....but all I needed there is for "stock"......
  On the way back I was maybe 150 yds. from home an a nice middle aged lady offered me a ride.....but I was so close and feeling good so I declined.......
  Probably will pay for the walk tomorrow physically but tonight I'm feeling good, both physically and mentally......

No comments:

Post a Comment