Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Tuesday, February 13, 2018

(1:46 PM UTC-5)
(+21*F......+13*F w/wind chill....sunny)
("Hornblower episode")
  I looked at the predicted weather for the day, and the predicted temperature was to be in the low to mid 20s and cloudy....so I got up this morning and because this is he day that housekeeping comes in to clean my room usually between 8:30 AM and 9:00 AM......I thought I'd walk......the ATM and then Aldi....check the weather about 8:15 AM.......temperature was -2*F.....and sunny.....so postponed the walk.....and walked around noon, when the temperature was +21*F.......got almost everything I needed....plus things I didn't realize I needed...nice walk, except for a few icey places on the sidewalk, or rather a few dicey places.....
  Today is Shrove Tuesday (day before Ash Wednesday) which we always celebrate with my mom's fasnachts.....a special raised doughnut, deep fried, and then shaken in a paper bag with sugar......I miss those fasnachts...but not as much as I miss my mom...... 

No comments:

Post a Comment