Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Saturday, January 25, 2020

[16:51 UTC-5]
[+34*F/+29*F:w/windchill/winter mix/winds:n/e@5/humidity:90%/barometer:29.87"\//Lo:+35*]......
[winter mix changing to all snow at 23:00 tonight thru Monday afternoon only 2 to 6 inches expected]
[Now Playing: MadTrollie's "Pop" [have added a few more tunes]]..
   Ar least in the limited area that I can observe we didn't get any freezing rain..but I live within the west edge of the small city I live in and can't say whether they got any in the rural areas around the city..just very light rain mixed with snow..now since my mode of travel is my 2 feet..and had no pressing need had no reason to walk outside today so I didn't..now when it changes to light snow tomorrow or Monday..daytime temperatures expected in the mid-30's..that I don't have a  problem with..I've lived in  the north-eastern US all my life..and dealing with snow is second nature to me now..
  TNT has been showing the three prequels of Star Wars today and I've been watching that from time to time..but have spent the majority of the day on-line..the usual games poker..spades..11 different solitaire games..and a little blackjack and video poker..tending to my two blogs and spending time doing my moderator thing on the FB group "The Farthest Side"..and searching Youtube for new things to add to my playlists..I chose to live a solitary life..and now that I'll dealing with the effects of essential tremor I need to live as stress free as possible..for that matter not only stress but excitement can trigger a tremor..an except the stress/excitement of a big pot in the free poker game I play I avoid situations that might cause one..of course I also like conversation..and have many casual friends..but I avoid any serious involvement..not only because of the tremors..but I've been "on the wagon" as they used to say back in the day for 27 months as of today..and it was emotional stress which was the root cause of my problem..obviously I didn't handle it very well..but that's behind me now..
   Now don't misunderstand..the day I quit looking at the ladies is the day they nail the lid over my head..but the old adage  "You can't live 'em..can't live without 'em"..at my age I've discovered "I can live very well without 'em"..
   Still a few chores to complete..so nite all

No comments:

Post a Comment