Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Sunday, January 12, 2020

[18:57 UTC-5]
[+22*F/+14*F:w/wind-chill/cloudy/Lo:+18*F/winds:w/n/w@7 mph/humidity:87%/B.P:30.45"/\]..
[Monday's Hi/Lo:+37*F/+23*F]..[Tuesday's Hi/Lo:+43*F/+34*F/rain expected]..
[Now Playing:"MadTrollie eclectic mix"[w/new additions]..]..
   The predicted ice storm missed us..was to the north along the St Lawrence Valley..and although we did get intermittent rain..we didn't get the predicted snow/winter mix..now understand I'll  not the least bit disappointed in that fact..obviously quite the opposite..I have lived through two major ice storms since moving to the Northcountry of New York State..not fun..and the Blizzard of '77..and how can I forget the Micro Burst [link]..so I've lived through enough bad weather in my lifetime so will gladly take a pass on another event..or least I forget the day in the mid 70's when the outdoor temperature was -55*F w/50 mph winds and a wind chill below -100*F..so another major weather event..I'll pass if you please
   But because we didn't get the predicted weather..took a trip to Ollie's and Dollar General..on the list dish washing detergent [Ollie's]..tomato juice [Big Lots]..but while I was at Ollie's another bottle of spice and a bag of good candy insisted that I take them hope..had an "Old-Timer's" moment and left my gloves in my shopping basket..knew where I had left them..went back and retrieved then..then to Dollar General where along with the needed tomato juice another bag of candy and 2 cherry pocket pies found their way into my basket..but certain stores i e Big Lots and T.J. Maxx I rarely go into looking for any thing specific..but always manage to find something I desperately needed but didn't know I did until I saw it there..
  Been a quiet day other than that..busy day on "The Farthest Side"..had on of my better days on the Poker table [free site..only game money changes hands]..but still a few things agendum [dang spell check..If I have one..it's an agendum..if 2 then a agenda..not agendas..agenda is already plural..or at least it was in Latin from which the word came 50+years ago when I studied Latin in High School]
[end rant]..nite all..   

No comments:

Post a Comment