Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Monday, January 27, 2020

[18:20 UTC-5]
[+32*F/+28*F:w/windchill/Lo:+25*F/cloudy/winds:west@5 mph/humidity:94%/barometer:29.72/\]
[Tuesday's Hi/Lo:+29*F/+12*F..30% chance of light snow]..[Wednesday's Hi/Lo:+24*F/+3*F]..........
[Now Playing: MadTrollie's.."The Mix"..[featuring several new additions to the list]..or.."Pop"..].......
   It's been an interesting day..at times it's been spitting a little snow and/or rain  in any case in no significant amounts..but things kind of collide today so that I several things that needed attending..end  of the month is upon us in just a few days..and as is my custom I paid my rent next month today..could of waited but I wanted to get it out of the..needed to get a few things from Aldi, Ollie's and Dollar General..plus it was time to refresh my "10 day walking around money" which usually isn't a big deal..the bank is right next to my lodgings and I just take the short walk up the hill to the ATM..but with the snow banks present..I have to walk all the way round to the entry on the other of the bank..decided that I'd combine the Aldi trip and since I had to pass by the street the bank entrance is on..stop there on the way back..after seeing my bank statement the end of last week decided it was time to move some money from my checking account to my savings account..so decided to take care of that as well..just the usual groceries at Aldi..my walking around around money from the ATM..and into the bank for a chat with the branch manager..after a discussion with her decided rather than move the funds to my savings account I "bought" a CD..[Certificate of Deposit]..a better interest rate..and back to my rooms..
   Later after doing some recon..discovered that my short cut to the plaza where Ollie's and Dollar General are was open enough that I wouldn't risk life or limb by going that way..had originally planned to do that tomorrow if I had to walk around the long way..so off to Ollie's and  dollar general..just the usual items with the exception of something I had seen advertised..now I've never been a big fan of Pringles..[apparently neither is spell check..added]..but the ad was for wavy Pringles [aka: ripple chips which I have always preferred]..so got a can of Applewood [dang another add] Smoked Cheddar ones..not bad..
   Still have a few things that need doing..ergo..bonum nocte..[two more adds and the Latin Police are on my case again]

No comments:

Post a Comment