Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Thursday, January 16, 2020

[17:41 UTC-5]
[Now Playing:["MadTrollie's "My Mix"]..]..
[+25*F/+14*F:w/windchill/cloudy/winds:n/n/w@12 mph/humidity:72%/BP:30.17"/Lo temp:+9*F]..
[Friday's Hi/Lo:+9*F/+1*F/partly cloudy][Saturday's Hi/Lo:+27*F/+25*F snow excepted 3 to 5"].....
   We did get some snow overnight but maybe 2 or 3 inches at most..and because it had been warmer prior to the snow fall while it did  "stick" on the grass..the sidewalks for the most part were wet but not snow covered..but with the cold predicted for tonight overnight through tomorrow and the possibility of more snow on Saturday..re-evaluated my "stores" and decided I needed to get bananas today..and a couple of bottles of sparkling water..so off I went..north wind was a little bitter when walking into the wind but other than that was a nice walk..also picked up salami and a couple of calzones..for a quick meal..
   Yesterday the guy from housekeeping was showing me the new re-model of some of the rooms in the first wing of the hotel..they had changed the furniture..and I saw the new desk chairs and I liked them..but jokingly said to him if he found one of them missing he'd find it when he cleaned my room next Tuesday..well I heard a knock on the door this afternoon and there he was with my new chair..now I will admit I did say what I did partially in jest..but not completely..I would never just have taken one..but I am going to keep it..the old chair and my tuckus were having an ongoing disagreement..besides that the arms of the new one fit under my desk and the new position is far more comfortable..
   Besides the walk have spent a quiet day..a little TV and a whole lot of internet..still working on my playlists..and going through my old bookmarks and editing them..moving some to the playlists..and  deleting some that for one reason or another no longer available..I  have been using the Chrome browser for several years and there are some I haven't used in years..anyways am not really going at it "full bore"..just a few at a time..have a few more things to attend to before I take my rest..goodnight to you all..

No comments:

Post a Comment