Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Sunday, January 19, 2020

[17:37 UTC-5]
[+15*F/+5*F w/windchill/snow showers/winds:northwest@7 mph/humidity:76%/overnight Lo:-2*F/
barometer: 29.94" /\][Monday's Hi/Lo:+16*F/0*F sunny][Tuesday's Hi/Lo:+25*F/+21*F/cloudy]
[MadTrollie's:["The Mix"]..]..
   It's snowed on and off for the last several hours but if I said we got 3" of snow that would be giving it the benefit of the doubt..snowfall was nowhere hear the 4 to 8 inches predicted..at least not where my rooms are..decided to walk but after my conditions shorten walk of yesterday..I wanted to pick,up something at the convenience store and a few groceries..now the groceries I could get at either Aldi or Price Chopper..didn't matter..but my dip I can only get at the convenience store..so..decided to leave by the front see what the the sidewalks looked like in both directions..to the west and the convenience store..not good..would have had to walk some in the street..something I'd rather not do..to the east and Aldi..no problems at all..and the point is that I could wait on the convenience store..will be above freezing both Wednesday and Thursday and I can easily wait until then..or put another way today the convenience store..wasn't convenient..Aldi has gotten new shopping carts..these things are massive..they're wide enough that they have not one but two seats with seat belts for to small kids to ride side by side..and there are kind of cumbersome for a gimpy, grumpy, codger like me who never buys more at one time then I can fit in my sling bag..so I got a cloth bag with handles..I've started to just take that out..put my purchases in that..and repack in the sling bag after checkout..
   Besides the walk..have spent the day mostly on-line..did watch most of the movie "Now You See Me" on the FX network..I enjoy the movie and despise the sequel..rarely do sequels equal the original..have the same opinion of most re-makes of the old classic films..they never seem to come close to the quality of the original..
  Things to do before I sleep..nite all.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment