Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Saturday, January 4, 2020

[18:23 UTC-5]
[+32*F/+22*F w/wind-chill/Lo:+22*F/cloudy/winds:n/w@5 mph/humidity:93%/B.P:29.70"/\]..
[Now Playing: Hayden's "Lord Nelson Mass"[listen]..]..
   The piece I'm  listening to tonight is one full of happy  memories for me..for several years I sang with the local group; The Northcountry Choral Society..and although we did many styles pf music..much of it was from the Baroque period..the Hayden being an example..maybe one of harder tenor parts I've ever encountered..had to work very hard to get it just right..but did..and it has been and always will be one of my favorite pieces of choral music..the recording I have selected tonight shows the sheet music to the piece as well as the recording..I wish when I sang with the group that such a thing was available..I would buy a CD of the piece and at home in private practice have the score on my lap and sing along..being able to bring it up on a monitor..both the music and the score would have been a lot easier..plus it would be much easier to stop and "rewind" to redo a difficult part..
   Just after 09:30 took a walk over to Aldi..just a few of the usual items..but it was snowing..if you can honestly call it that..very light snow..but it reminded me of years ago..light snow was falling and I stopped at a local place called "Jeans Beans"..you could get all sorts of hot and cold dishes for take-out..including some lovely deep fried haddock..[which my cats would fight me for]..this lady walked in..obviously from the southern US..[an accent you could cut with a knife]..and said "We're having a Bliz-ard "..she I discovered was a military wife and her husband had just been transferred to Fort Drum [home of the 10th Mountain Division"]..and we had to inform her that she hadn't seen nothing yet..but it reminded me that how we describe any thing or event is greatly influenced by our past experience[s]..in some areas 6" of snow would constitute a disaster..up here half the time we don't even bother to shovel it..
   Still things to do before I take my rest..nite all..

No comments:

Post a Comment