Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Friday, January 3, 2020

[18:23 UTC-5]
[+41*F/overnight Lo:+32*F/cloudy/winds:w/s/w@5 mph/humidity:87%/barometer:29.78" /\]..
[rain quickly changing to snow predicted to commence about 04:00 Saturday morning continuing to 02:00 Sunday..1 to 3 inches of snow expected..Saturday's Hi/Lo:+35*F/+22*F]..
[Now Playing:[The Priests et al]..]..
   The mix playing tonight I found almost by accident..I was looking for a recording of a band arrangement of J.S>Bach's "If Thou be Near" [sometimes "when" rather than "IF"..depends on the translation]..and finally found the arrangement I  had played with the high school band many years ago [I graduated in 1966]..it had a long section  that featured the french horn on the melody..we didn't get melody that often..but the melody "fit" the tonality of the horn..but in the process I "stumbled" on a group I had never heard of before.."The Priests" [a men's trio] and was simply blow away by their harmony..besides I've always both for listening as well as singing/playing been a big fan of the  small group/ensembles..my favorite moments/memories both listening and preforming involve small groups..duets, trios, quartets..quintets..any group less than a dozen..
   A very comfortable mid-40s F day here with only a light breeze..but up here anything under 15 mph is considered a breeze..when I walked maybe 6 or 7 mph..just a quick trip to Ollie's..a bag of pretzel pieces and some spoons..I keep mislaying those I have..I figure if I have enough I'm bound to find one..and Dollar General..a jug of tomato juice..a six of Doctor Pepper in 7.5 oz. cans..and a bottle of Powerade zero sugar..it's just as important to keep well hydrated in the winter as well as the summer..I general will take a drink of it after my walks..can't stand the stuff if I'm not thirsty..but nothing tastes better to me when I am..never claimed that I wasn't crazy..
   Still things to do before I sleep..nite all..  

No comments:

Post a Comment