Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Friday, January 24, 2020

[18:36 UTC-5]
[+40*F/+35*F:w/windchill/overnight/Lo+33*F/clear/winds:east@8 mph/humidity:53%/BP:30.24"\/]
[Saturday's:Hi/Lo+37*F/+32*F/rain begins 08:00 thru 23:00 change to snow thru Tuesday morning]..
[Now Playing: MadTrollie:"Pop" [new additions..[[Warning] contains moldy oldies]..]..
   Actually was a very nice late January day..temperature was in the upper 30s..just a light breeze out of the east..but a sunny day..left the Carhart in the closet and a hoodie and a lined flannel shirt..left the wool cap in my rooms..my fav snap brim hat  on my old grey head..and gloves in my sling bag..but not needed..and off to Price Chopper Plaza..first stop.."Dollar Tree"..were every thing literally sells for a dollar or less/item..a package of  meat balls & a package of spicy sausages..T J Maxx..just a bottle of dry shallots..the bottle I'm using is almost gone did already have a "backup" but they don't always have them in stock..then Price Chopper..the usual peppers..some fresh garlic..fresh shallots..a couple of tins of anchovies, and a container of grated pecorino romano cheese..now I didn't check whether I had a backup bottle of the grate cheese..had emptied a bottle about a month ago..and hadn't been to Price Chopper for more than three weeks..and obviously didn't remember buying a backup then..well I had..and now I have two backups..but it's something I've done before..at one time I had 3 count 'um 3 backup bottle of sambal..oy vey..I have vivid memories of things going back over 60+ years..and then..just what did I have for breakfast..always been that way to a greater or lesser extent..and it certainly hasn't improved with age..I still can remember parts I've played or sung in the past..sometimes I remember a quote by an obscure writer I've read..but can't remember the his/her name..dang..I was sitting at breakfast in college with a young lady I'd been dating for a couple of months..and for the life of me..couldn't remember her name..oy vey..have always had trouble remembering names..never forget a face..but their name..not a chance..and now before I write a novella..nite all..

No comments:

Post a Comment