Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Friday, January 17, 2020

[17:12 UTC-5]
[+6+F..overnight Lo:0*F..sunny..winds:northwest@2 mph..humidity:56%..barometer:30.78 "\/].........
[Saturday's Hi/Lo +26*F  snow forecast to begin around 01:00 & continue thru mid morning Sunday accumulations of 4 to 8 inches possible..Sunday Hi/Lo: +29*F/+4*F][MadTrollie's "The Mix"].........
   As I do here I always post the weather conditions in the header over at "Trollie's Game Room"..I ended my early morning poker session just after 06:00 and recorded the weather for posting..at the time It was 0*F and factoring in the north wind blowing at 10 mph..the windchill was listed at -15*F..which is generally a pretty typical morning temperature and windchill in January for this area of Upstate New York..it really has been unseasonably warm this winter so far..now when I was running a shipping/receiving/warehouse dept of a small factory for over 25 years before my retirement..working outside in the winter with windchill numbers in the -25 to -40* range was common..but two things..1] I was younger then..2] I was getting paid..now despite the fact that I know how to dress for the weather and have the proper clothing..if the temperature outside is below zero or the windchill is I remain in my very comfortable, and warm rooms..which I have done all day today..and with the snow forecast for the next couple days..since I no longer drive but walk to where I need to be..I will remain in my rooms until the sidewalks are shoveled..but I am prepared for that..the winter pantry is well stocked..
   Except for an episode of "NCIS" this morning..and "Paw Patrol" while eating my mid-day meal have watched zero boob tube today..the access is included in my monthly rent here and quite frankly if I had to pay for it "out of pocket"..I doubt that I would..
   Still have a few tasks before me so I will bid you a goodnight [or whatever time in the day it is when you read this]..

No comments:

Post a Comment