Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Thursday, January 2, 2020

[17:26 UTC-5]
[+43*F/overnight Lo:+39*/cloudy/winds:south@9 mph/humidity:54%/barometer:29:69"\/]..
[Friday's Hi/Lo:+44*F/+31*F/20% chance of rain]..[Saturday'a Hi/Lo:+35*F/+19*F/ light snow]..
[Now Playing:[classical mix]..]..
   The first piece in the mix tonight is a piece for concert band called "Universal Judgement"..I've played the piece twice when in high school..once with the high school band..and once as a senior  when I tried out and made Area All-State band [Erie/Niagara section of New York State]..was a fun piece to play and has since then been one of my favorite pieces of music..
   walked to Aldi today just for the usual groceries..but I have a problem..I use liquid egg white for a dish I make once per day..and have been buying it in pint containers..for two reasons..1] I've done my research and once you open the container you should use it within 7 days..usually takes me about 3 days..2] I have limited storage in my frig[s]..particularly for tall containers..but 2 pints are easier to store for me than 1 quart..and there in lays the rub..Aldi is no longer going to carry the pints..just the quarts..nuts..now I can still buy the pints at Price Chopper but Aldi is a much shorter walk and less expensive..I did talk to the store manager at Aldi but he really has no say in what the company sends him..I'm to say the least a little annoyed..I usually only shop at Price Chopper 1 every week or 10 days..no shelf life is not a problem last pint I bought has a use by date of Feb. 28..so as long as I don't open it..I'm golden..but 3 or 4 pints are the maximum I really want to keep ahead..may have to make  more trips to Price Chopper..in good weather no problem..but this time of year..you never know..on the bright side..T J Maxx is in the same plaza and it gives me a good excuse to go there looking for odd and unusual spices..
   USA has been airing an NCIS marathon today..so I've spent sometime vegging out watching..a few more things to do..nite all.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment