Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Sunday, April 26, 2020

[17:55 UTC-4]
[+45*_rain_winds:n/n/e@12 mph..humidity:77%_barometer:29.95"\/_Tonight's Lo:+37*F]....
[Now Playing on MadTrollie<Hec Ramsey>]....
   It hasn't rained that hard today but it has rained most of the day..now when I checked the forecast yesterday..the rain was predicted to continue thru most of the day tomorrow..so my working plan was to not walk tomorrow but to get the few things I need on Tuesday when the weather is predicted to be sunny and dry..but the forecast is now predicting light and intermittent rain through most of the morning and clearing in the early afternoon..so if that holds to be true..I'll keep an eye on the radar and if there is a "hole" in the storm I'll go to Aldi tomorrow..and then maybe to Price Chopper on Tuesday..after taking the extended walk to both in one trip..I've discovered that the lack of exercise has limited my range..the winter + the restrictions for CV-19..and my legs aren't up to the task as of yet..drives me nuts..but then I remind myself that I am 72 years old and the days I could cover a 20K road course in just over an hour was a long time ago..and then of course there is the cane and the attending balance issues from my essential tremors..but then I never had the personality that would grow old gracefully....
   Have spent the day in my fortress of solitude [aka:my rooms]..save for one trip to the vending machines for a soda and the lobby for my afternoon coffee..I've mentioned before that I'm a moderator on the Facebook group "The Farthest Side"..my main function is to check the groups..timeline..likes of new member requests we have certain rules and standards..the major one is no politics..but in the process I am exposed to groups and pages I've never see before and have added some of them to my likes/follows..one today..the guy had as his avatar a character from a 70s movie that I had watch a long time ago..I recognized the character immediately but for the life of me couldn't remember the name of the flick..and later after trying and failing to remember out of the blue..it popped into my mind "A Clockwork Orange"..now I can get it off Youtube for a fee but there are all kind s of free clips..which and sometime in the future I will checkout..memory is a fun thing..sometimes we remember what we'd rather forget and forget want we might want to remember....
   But the time grows short and still things to attend to and maybe a sandwich to eat..nite all..

No comments:

Post a Comment