Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Thursday, April 2, 2020

[19:12 UTC=4]
[+50*F_cloudy_winds:n/n/w@13 mph_humidity:44%_barometer:29.84"\/_overnight:Lo:+37*F]..
[Friday's Hi/Lo:+47*F/+37*F_rain between the 01:00 & 09:00_cloudy after that]....
[Now Playing on <Faure Requiem>]....
   I had the chance to preform the Faure Requiem several years ago with the Northcountry Choral Society..one of my favorite pieces of liturgical music..and yes it has a really great tenor part..but to me it had a special meaning besides the music..we were accompanied by a small orchestra..and one of the french horn players was my daughter when she was still in high school..she went on to study music at Syracuse University and became a music teacher....
   I had a talk with the manager here this morning who is well read in infectious diseases..and I inquired whether he knew any place locally where I could get a couple of masks..he did not..but..told me how to use and clean a simple bandana [dang..another word spell check doesn't know] for that purpose and it can be fairly effective..dang I thought that the only uses for them were blowing your nose, sweat bands and robbing stagecoaches..ergo..on the walk mentioned below and used one..never can be too careful..when it comes to viruses....
   Went looking for more bandanas and alcohol..no not the drinking kind the disinfecting kind..look at both Ollie's and Dollar General  and came up empty..but plan to go to Price Chopper tomorrow or the day after and the indoor pharmacy will have the alcohol..as to the bandanas I went "digging" thru my dresser drawers and found several I had forgot about..they have been hand washed in antimicrobial soap..and ready for use..but still would like the alcohol to use as well....
   Besides the walk have spent the day in my rooms and online..nothing of any interest to me on the TV today..but Friday and Saturdays fare looks some better..only one last thing to do before I can take my rest and that happens just past the bottom of this hour..so to one and all..I say Good-Day....

No comments:

Post a Comment