Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Wednesday, April 22, 2020

[18:26 UTC-4]
[++39*F/windchill:+30*F/sunny/winds:w/s/w@14*F/humidity:26%/barometer:29.87"/\/Lo:+22*F]....
[Now Playing on >MadTrollie>Handel>]....
   Originally I had not intended to walk until tomorrow or Friday..but the rain cleared off sooner then predicted..and the wind didn't seem to bad when I started out..and had been thinking of going to Aldi one day and Price Chopper and the convenience store the next day..but quite frankly by mid-morning the weather looked okay..and I hadn't been outside since mid-morning Saturday and 96 some odd hours in my "fortress of solitude" had me pretty much feeling the effects of "cabin fever"..so decided to walk to all three today..now I've done that loop many times before..so was confident that it wouldn't be a problem..when I take that walk I usually head to Price Chopper first but decided to reverse it and go to Aldi first..a decision I would later regret..off to Ollie's for the usual fare..bananas..asparagus..fruit flavored sparkling water..a brick of cheddar..and some butter..and then off to Price Chopper..now I normal do just the reverse..From Price Chopper to Aldi is now a gradual grade w/the wind at my back..but today..I walked up the gradual grade with around a 15 mph wind in my face..it felt like I was trying to scale the Matterhorn..but I survived..barely..at Price Chopper..a piece of horseradish root..3 bulbs of garlic..now my intent was to get some pre-fried shrimp and haddock..but they had no shrimp..so I ended up with a package of haddock and 2 packages of cod..had one of my fav checkout girls..across to the convenience store..talk to the manager for awhile..who I've know for most of the nine plus years I've lived on this end of town..nice lady..and then remembered that the back door to my rooms was not working all the time so went thru the lobby..now my rooms are about as far from the lobby as they could be and still be in the facility..got to my rooms and the dang key cards won't work..had to drag my now weary tuckus back to the lobby to get them re-set..oy vey..but rested for a bit and now all is well....but have all that I need for the next several days..so the trip was a success....
   Anyways still a few tasks to accomplish so will bid one and all a goodnight....

No comments:

Post a Comment