Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Tuesday, April 14, 2020

[18:36 UTC-4]
[+41*F_partly cloudy_winds:w/s/w@11 mph..humidity:36%_barometer:30:00"\/]..[Overnight Lo:+28*F_ some light snow possible around mid night]....[Now Playing[Sink The Bismarck]]....
   What a change in the weather..the last few days the daytime temperatures has been in the mid-40s to a high of upper 50s..when I took my walk this morning the temperature was in the mid-30s and the windchill in the mid-20's..winds in the upper teens with gusts >20 mph..and most of the way to Price Chopper and the convenience store I was waking into the wind..on the other hand because of the bright sun and the CV-19 deal I had both my shades and my mask on..and had the hood up on my Carhart..so at least my face didn't freeze..the main reason for the walk was to pickup my refills for my meds..and I needed to go soon because I was down to three day's supply of the HBP meds..and the weather for the next few days "read" pretty much like today's..got my meds..a nice piece of pre-fried haddock..some anaheim pepper..a bottle of Gatorade zero..two bottle of fruit flavored sparkling water..and 2 packages of microwavable pasta..then a stop at the convenience store to get my chew..the good thing about the walk was on the where back to my lodgings that brisk..cold..headwind..as now a tail wind..a much more pleasant walk..Housekeeping made there weekly Tuesday visit this early after so my rooms are clean and fresh linens are here...
   Was thinking today about the my first 20K run [late 1960's]..started south of Binghamton NY..went through the city and ended at rural church to the north..first race..pre-race nerves..forgot to empty my bladder..halfway through the run..in the commercial district and "Huston we have a problem"..found a spot between two railroad bridges where I could take care of the problem unseen..ran about 20 meters..right turn..a water stop "manned" by Girl Scouts"..oy vey..couldn't help myself but busted out laughing..they must of thought I was bonkers..had a similar experience in a cross-country race but that's for another time....
   Before I write another novella and will wish to you a fine farewell....

No comments:

Post a Comment