Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Wednesday, April 15, 2020

[18:20 UTC-4]
[+38*F/+29*-windchill_partly cloudy_winds:w/s/w@15_humidity:50%_barometer:29.89"\/]....
[Now Playing<{Strong Poison}>]....
   I don't know what was the immediate cause of the problem but when I awoke this morning both of my hands were extremely stiff and sore..now in point of fact my hands are always a bid stiff and sore just too much damage over the years..but today they were quite uncomfortable..one of  the root causes was an incident when I was in college..[late 1960's]..I played on the college varsity soccer team..one year the new coach wanted at least 3 of us to be able to play goalkeeper..we had two but he was concerned that both could get injured and we'd need a replacement..well I got the nod..to be the so called disaster goalkeeper..and was teased about the fact that I'd probably be a disaster if I had to play..I was a midfielder..anyways I practiced one day a week with the keepers and took my turn in the nets during during the scrimmages..one day..I'm in the nets..a hard shot to my right..dove..knew I wasn't going to be able to catch it..put my hands together fingers extend and with the intent to re-direct it around the post..which I did..but my dive was back towards the goal and all eight of fingers made very hard contact with the 4x4 inch goal post..well I bent back all 8 fingers and sprained both wrists..now I'm seeing stars and tweety birds circling my head..and I had my hands under my armpits..coach and the trainer came a running..I apparently had let out quite a scream..coach said "let me see your hands"..and my reply was "only if you check the ground first in case I knock a couple of them off"..well at least I hadn't lost my bizarre sense of humor..but they were bothering so bad this morning I did something I rarely do..I took a half dose of a generic Tylenol..which did the trick..but the effects are wearing off so I may take another half dose before I take my rest..speaking of which..that my rest not my hands..time to bid you a good night....

No comments:

Post a Comment